If you have been training BJJ for a while, it’s likely you have a ton of gear to supplement your training. In the beginning, you might only have a handful of things. But as you progress through your grappling or MMA journey, that equipment list will start to grow! It can get overwhelming! We are talking BJJ Gi Kimonos, No-Gi Grappling Shorts, Rash Guards, Athletic Tape, Knee Pads, Mouth Guards, and many more! the list goes on!
With that in mind, it is important to any grappler or mixed martial artist to have a good Jiu-Jitsu Bag and/or MMA Gym Bags that could fit all your gear. In this guide, we take a look at some of the best Jiu-Jitsu Bags in the market.
These bags are designed like your traditional backpack with two shoulder straps. The backpack design is great for those that travel far distances. These are typically much more comfortable to carry around and very portable. If you walk to the gym or use a motorbike, these can be a great choice.
These backpacks are great since they are usually equipped with small compartments to fit your mouthguard, hand wraps, and athletic tape. The downside though is the limited space you have with a backpack. They’re great if all you have is a set of Gi and a few other sets of grappling gear. But if you have a large set of gear like shin guards or boxing gloves, you might have a tight fit!
Our Top Picks
Here are the three most popular and high-quality MMA backpacks that your money can buy. If you are a fitness and martial arts enthusiast, then one of these bags is a must-have.
|Elite Sports Boxing Gym Duffle Bag||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Sport Large Gym Duffle Travel Bag||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Gold BJJ Jiu Jitsu Backpack||
||Buy On Amazon|
1. Elite Sports Boxing Gym Duffle Bag
Elite Sports is another up-and-coming brand in the combat sports scene that has gained popularity for being a one-stop online shop for all things martial arts. From MMA to BJJ gis, Elite Sports has a variety of gear for any type of training with a reasonably priced duffel bag/backpack to carry it all in with the Elite Sports Warrior Series BJJ Duffel Bag.
The retractable shoulder straps on this bag can quickly convert it into a backpack, making for a convenient, easy carrying place to throw all your gear. It is a perfect-sized bag for any martial arts practitioner to carry around all of his/her gear. Well ventilated, durable material ensures that it keeps up well with heavy usage. I’m giving this bag 10 out of 10.
Quality, durability, design, everything has surpassed my expectations of it. It’s very affordable for how great the bag itself is. You will be hard-pressed to find a more reasonably priced multi-use bag that will carry all your gym gear to train all day.
There’s a lot of overpriced bags on the market, but you’re going to get what you paid for with the Elite Sports Warrior Series BJJ Duffel Bag.
- Material: It is made of durable Cordura which is the same material that heavy use military gear is made of. It is extremely strong and resistant to tearing. You can be sure that you are going to get years of use out of this bag. Additionally, the lining is waterproof.
- Light In Weight: On top of being tough, the Cordura material also makes the bag lightweight and won’t put extra strain on your back after training.
- Waterproof Mesh Lining: The main compartment of the bag has a waterproof mesh lining that ventilates your dirty gear. Even if it gets smelly after a series of hard training sessions, the material is washable, so you can throw it in the washing machine and it should be stink-free after a rinse.
- Compartment For Water bottle: In the bag’s compartment-specific for a water bottle is also made of the same waterproof mesh as the main compartment. Elite says it will keep your gear from getting wet in case your drink leaks.
- Durable: Elite also claims that this bag is durable enough to where it will last a long time getting years of use out of it before having to buy another.
- Mesh Ventilation Pocket: Our boxing gym bag has a mesh pocket allowing ventilation drying damp gear preventing bag and other items from absorbing the smell, just take them out as you reach home. This MMA bag is washable so you can thoroughly wash it.
- Dedicated Pockets: The duffel gym bag acts as carry-on luggage with a vast array of pockets making this athletic bag perfect for keeping your valuables safe. Stowable double carry straps help you easily carry the MMA gear bag.
2. Sport Large Gym Duffle Travel Bag
The versatile design boasted by this model is one of the first things worth writing home about. You can use this product as a backpack or as a duffle bag, depending on your momentary needs and preferences. The bag is equipped with an adjustable shoulder strap, as well as rugged top handles. The double straps can be utilized to carry the bag on your back.
Probably the neatest thing about this product is that it is on the larger side of things. When it’s fully extended, it measures 26 inches in width, 12 inches in height, and 12 inches in depth, which means that it is more than fully capable of carrying your BJJ equipment.
While this bag is designed for bodybuilders and powerlifters, it has many features which make it useful for BJJ practitioners too. Like some of the other bags on this list, they can be carried using the shoulder strap, handles, or backpack straps. It also has a ventilated compartment for wet clothing, an easy-to-open u-shaped top compartment, and many pockets throughout to hold your extra training gear.
As for durability, you really have nothing to worry about in this respect. The backpack is made of PVC-coated 600-denier polyester, which means that it can take a lot of abuse before actually becoming unusable.
- Ventilated wet/dry compartment: Another aspect worth adding about this choice is that it comes with a ventilated wet/dry compartment on one of its ends, which you can rely on for airing out your wet towels, dirty shoes, or sweaty clothes.
- 3 Carry Options: It offers 3 carry options backpack, over the shoulder, or suitcase-style, and for once the Grips marketing department didn’t overdo it with the branding.
- Strong Top Handles: You can carry this unique gym bag like a classic duffel bag by its adjustable shoulder strap or strong top handles or use the double straps to convert it to a backpack.
- Room For All Of Your Gear: With a large main compartment plus front, right, and left zip compartments you have plenty of space to fit all of your necessary items when on the go.
- Ultra Tough: The PVC-coated 600-denier polyester bag resists wear and tear, and the bottom is reinforced with a board and protected by plastic strips for added durability.
- Comfortable To Carry: No matter how you tote it, this gym bag ensures your comfort with padding on its handles and straps.
- Help Wet Gear Dry: On one end, you’ll find a ventilated wet/dry compartment for airing out dirty shoes, wet towels, and sweaty clothes.
3. Gold BJJ Jiu Jitsu Backpack
This backpack is best of all as it is packed with helpful features. For example, it comes with a belt protector pouch, and it even includes a waterproof dirty Gi compartment, which is not something that you would find in similar models.
Plus, the heavy-duty build of the backpack allows you to benefit from it time and again without worrying about getting it damaged with ease. The materials are of great quality, and the backpack boasts reinforced stitching, amazing zippers, as well as a high-grade nylon construction.
All of these mean that you will get your money’s worth if you decide to invest in this option. Based on the feedback received by this product, it seems that it is sizable and user-friendly enough.
Customer ratings for this pack are rather high, as the bag is particularly designed with jiu-jitsu participants in mind. The pack has a particular compartment that is sweat-proof and waterproof, dedicated to storing your practice in Gi until you can get it to the wash. Special nylon material has been used to create this pack into a tough and durable bag, specially made with your needs in mind. This bag even has a specific pouch, solely there to protect and store your belt while transporting.
It is a spacious bag with enough room for one set of training gear and workout clothes. The gym bag consists of a separate pouch that carries the sacred BJJ belt. The Gold BJJ backpack is manufactured from high-quality nylon that doesn’t tear easily. It also comes with heavy-duty zippers that last long-term. Separate velvet-lined pockets for items like mobile phones and headphones ensure no scratches come upon your valuables.
- Sweat Proof Section: It has a sweat-proof section where the person can keep their GI after training or fighting.
- Material: This backpack is made from high-quality, heavy-duty materials, made to last several belt levels.
- Comfortable Design: The design of the straps makes it feel extremely comfortable, for when you need to carry your gear around all day.
- Contour Your Body: The shoulder straps are ergonomically designed to contour to your body and there’s a rugged faux-leather carry strap at the top.
- Waterproof Gi Pocket: It keeps your clean clothes clean, and your sweaty gear quarantined. You can easily pack a dirty gi or rashguard in this backpack’s waterproof pocket to keep your gear stink and germ-free.
- Organize Your Gear: This backpack has plenty of room for one set of training gear and clean clothes.
To Sum Up
Having a bag that can fit all your training gear is an absolute must if you plan on training for the long run. You are going to start accumulating a lot of gear as you do this more often. However, picking your first Jiu-Jitsu Bag can be overwhelming. There are so many options out there!
Finally, the perfect bag should also fit perfectly. That means state-of-the-art ergonomics and design. You shouldn’t suffer under the weight of a couple of Gis and all that supportive gear. Plus, the backpack has to be stink-proof and made from a material that doesn’t absorb sweat and smells.